Mind the Gap Studios
Based in Lynnwood, WA
Print and play
Wizard Dodgeball is a 2 player, turn-based fantasy sports game. Each player drafts a team of wizards and then chooses spells based on their team’s stats. There are no tables to look up or spell lists to consult as all the information is in front of you on the cards. This leaves you all the time to focus on your strategy of when to rush for the balls, cast spells, and throw at your opponent's team.
Wizard Dodgeball was a playable game 3 months after a happy accident of moving components around while working on a Wizard dueling game using a small board, dominoes, and dice. Since then, Wizard Dodgeball has undergone 3 changes; getting rid of "extra" parts, better art, and simplified stats and range.
- Simplified stat mechanic with colored squares to indicate which color of dice to roll
- Catch/spell rebound mechanic allows the defender a chance to turn the tide of the game
Gamplay video Vimeo
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Wizard Dodgeball: Father Geek Approved"
- "...this game is one of the greatest games we have seen on the Indie scene"
- , Sorry Man, I Farted
- "Wizard Dodgeball is a fantastic gateway game into the tactical battling genre"
- , Board Game Duel
- "...this is nostalgia packed into a tabletop game."
- , Across the Board Games
- "Wizard Dodgeball is a very simple game to learn that has quite a lot of tactical depth to it"
- , Tabletop Gaming News
- "any game’s value is ultimately hung on its ability to deliver on its promise of fun, and in this Wizard Dodgeball is a rousing success"
- Jason Dobson, Indie Cardboard
- "...the game is great fun. cards and mechanics are easy to understand. It’s got a nice simple aesthetic that makes things easy to follow, even when a ton of different things are happening in quick succession."
- Jacob Wood, Indie Hangover
- "Wizard Dodgeball is a lot of fun"
- Father Geek, Father Geek
- "...[the spells] feel like an integral strategy element and not just a pasted on effect"
- Blank Wall Games, Blank Wall Games
- "...a delightful integration of classic physical ball throwing and fantasy spell casting"
- JimmyG - BoardGameGeek contributor, BoardGameGeek
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Mind the Gap Studios
Mind the Gap Studios is an independent tabletop game design studio in Lynnwood, Wa, with the goal of making at least one of every type of tabletop game and making those games fun and accessible.
More information on Mind the Gap Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Wizard Dodgeball Credits
All the roles
Graphics and Logo, Freelance